(Scroll down for poster guidelines)
For Oral Presentations
Authors making oral presentations must submit a full paper to the ICSD organizers by August 1, 2017, or risk losing their presentation slot. We will begin accepting full papers on June 1, 2017 via this website.
Full papers must meet the following guidelines:
- Papers should not exceed 5,000 words (excluding tables/diagrams, footnotes, and references).
- The top of the page should include the paper title, a list of all the authors and their affiliations (Ex. John Doe, Professor, University of Illinois), and full contact details for the corresponding author (email, phone number, and mailing address).
- Text should be in 11 point Arial font and single-spaced.
- Citations should follow the Chicago Manual of Style and use footnotes.
A template of a full paper format is available to download.
At the conference, oral presenters will be given 10 minutes to present their work and an additional 5 minutes for Q&A, for a total of 15 minutes. Presenters will be able to project PowerPoint slides, but they are not required. We cannot guarantee that equipment in all rooms will be compatible with other software (Prezi, Keynote, etc.) and recommend the use of PowerPoint. You will have to run your slides off the computer in the room (a PC) and will not be able to connect your own laptop to the projector.
ICSD has partnered with Consilience: The Journal of Sustainable Development and Economies to provide an opportunity for papers to be published in peer-reviewed journals. When submitting your paper, you will be prompted to select whether you wish to have your papers passed onto these journals or whether you are seeking publication on your own. Should you wish to have your papers passed on, they will go through the review process of each journal and may or may not be published.
For Poster Presentations
Authors should bring their own printed poster with them to the conference. You only need to bring the poster on Tuesday, September 19, 2017. We are unable to accept posters in advance by mail. We are also unable to print posters on-site. Should participants wish to have posters printed in New York, we recommend they contact Village Copier at firstname.lastname@example.org. A color 24”x36” (61×91.4 cm) poster will cost around US$60.
Each poster must be hung at least 15 minutes before the start of the poster session (TBD). We will provide free-standing panels and push pins to hang posters.
Poster presentations must meet the following guidelines:
- Presentations may not exceed 24 inches (61 cm) in width and 36 inches (91.4 cm) in height. A presentation sample/template is available for download should you require assistance. You are not required to use this format.
- Text and graphics should be legible from 6 feet (2 m). We suggest using Arial, 28 points.
Should you have any additional questions, email us at email@example.com.